LT: I can utilize artifacts to make inferences about the past
- Unpack learning target > “artifact”
- Random objects - incorporate it into a story about yourself or your experience over the summer.
- Gallery Walk: Where did it come from? How was it used? What inferences can you make or what does it tell us? (Write thoughts on notecatcher)
- Share findings
- Knowledge Nugget - “Historians use artifacts to put together a picture of the past”
- Upcoming project
- Mr. Shaddox's artifacts
- Where did it come from?
- How was it used?
- What inferences can you make or what does it tell us?
- What aspect or part of personal history does this represent?
- Popcorn ideas -> Chart Paper
- What kind of artifacts do you think we can bring from home?
1) Bring in a cereal box
2) Bring in three artifacts significant to your personal history (geography, culture, family)
Due Next Tuesday (Sept. 8)